Friday, November 26, 2010

the post in which i make excuses for not making christmas gifts

i'm a maker.
it's true.

however, this holiday season i am also:

a newbie etsy shop owner with christmas orders

a mover of house some 1700 kilometres up the coast

the partner of a very special person turning a very special 40, and

an interstate-travelling solo parent for the week prior to and after c-day

so i'm making in the wee hours to fill orders - something new to me and definitely worth another post when the experience is complete - and to sneak in a handmade with SO MUCH LOVE gift for my very special person without him seeing. soon my supplies for making will be packed and ready to move from one home to the next, my very special gift will be gifted and i will head south with the small folk to celebrate the festive season with family and friends.

hence, in this moment*

my sisters will get a spoonful
my parents will get cafe au lait
my little nieces and nephews will wear these
and the bigger ones will have quite a year
and the in laws will buy goats

*open, and likely, to change with each setting sun

and your list?
please do share. 

No comments:

Post a Comment